Products & Services
What are my options when considering GHG reductions? Are there control devices that can help meet my needs?
Depending on your operation, you may have numerous GHG reduction opportunities. GHG’s are identified as carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and fluorocarbons. All GHG emissions are measured in terms of CO2e. To determine CO2e, you have to multiply the tons of emissions of each GHG by its Global Warming Potential (GWP).
For example, the GWP for CO2 is 1, the GWP for methane is 21 and the GWP for nitrous oxide is 310. An easy way for some sources to cut GHG emissions is to reduce methane emissions. Increasing the thermal efficiency of processes - thus reducing fuel use and resultant GHG emissions - is another way to cut emissions.
Here are a few examples of the ways CPI is working to help industry reduce GHG emissions:
- Develop a methane-specific oxidation catalyst.
- Develop a nitrous oxide-specific oxidation catalyst.
- Offer systems that efficiently remove refrigerants from air streams.
- Replace recuperative thermal oxidizers with regenerative thermal oxidizers that are much more energy efficient.
- Provide low pressure oxidation systems, variable speed drives, and high efficiency motors that are designed to reduce energy use and operating costs.
- Provide custom heat recovery solutions for air, water, and oil recovery needs.
- Retrofit existing RTOs with higher thermal efficiency media or catalyst to provide immediate cost reductions.
- Provide combustion system retrofits that optimize fuel delivery and temperature management to conserve fuel sources.
- CPI also offers Energy Audits to help identify conservation points that will assuredly add up to GHG reductions. Click here to use our GHG calculator to estimate savings, calculate ROI, and determine the GHG reductions offered or give us a call to help walk you through an energy audit.