Can Coater Chooses the Quadrant SR Thermal Oxidizer
A can manufacturer worked with Catalytic Products International, Inc to design a unique Thermal (recuperative) Oxidizer. A recuperative thermal oxidizer was chosen over other thermal oxidation systems because of high solvent loads exhausted from the company’s can coating lines and a desire to integrate customized energy recovery system.
After careful examination of the process characteristics, CPI installed a system that allowed the highest VOC destruction, lowest overall cost of operation, and reliable oven heating.
- The system installed was our QUADRANT SR-25,000 Thermal Oxidizer. The system incorporates the following:
- CPI’s unique FLOATING TUBE HEAT EXCHANGER that does not use any expansion joints.
- A user-friendly controls interface system that manages all the components and records specific data for use with Title V record keeping.
- +99% DRE at 1,350 F allows the unit to exceed the local air quality requirements at minimal expense.
- An energy recovery system that recovers waste heat from the oxidizer for use in all the coating ovens. ZERO fuel is used in the coating ovens which has allowed reduced operating costs and reduction of over 1,400 TPY of Green House Gas emissions.
For more information about this or any of our other custom engineered solutions, please contact us.