Performs accounting functions for organization, including job costing. Reviews work of Admin/Accounting Support. Works with outside auditors and maintains files. Assumes other responsibilities as required.
Responsible for job costing; performs monthly job closeouts, monthly review of all open jobs, balances all postings in system to sales spreadsheet and rolls job costing when balanced.
- Completes general ledger balancing of sales and expense accounts to sales spreadsheet. Prepares commission statements on a monthly basis. Rolls general ledger.
- Reconciles credit card statements.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and reviews with Controller and President.
- Administers health, dental, life & ADD insurance and ensures proper payment.
- Assist with audits.
- Prepares client invoices & distributes as required; ensuring customer receipt.
- Reviews and approves accounts payable on weekly basis.
- Reviews accounts receivable on a weekly basis and helps Admin/Accounting Support with collections efforts.
- Conducts system transactional review for month–end close.
- Performs business analysis as needed; works with Controller and Management on the annual budgets by analyzing data and developing necessary spreadsheets.
- Analyze profit/loss statements and review with upper management as requested.
- Prepare sales tax requirements as needed.
- Develops managerial reporting and analysis as needed.
- Offer assistance to engineering, service and sales as needed.
- Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork and electronic entry of documentation associated with position.
- Contributes positively to company and department goals.
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Resolve day-to-day issues by working and communicating effectively with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Skills & Abilities
- Degree in Accounting (please no CPA's)
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and respectful relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Math abilities including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions.
- Good communication skills including the ability to receive oral and written instruction and provide information to outside vendors, customers, employees and management.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, etc.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work for optimum efficiency and output.
- Initiates and utilizes good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Position typical of an office environment. Occasional lifting requirements up to 25 pounds.
- Use of hands 100% of time. Sitting and reaching on an ongoing basis.
- Vision 20/40 with or without correction.
- Hearing and talking on an ongoing basis.
- Stamina to work an 8 hour workday.
If interested, please apply by sending your resume, cover letter and salary history to Rachel Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.