Combustion Upgrades and Optimization
Certain areas of the country have new more stringent regulations for NOx and CO emissions. Lowering one can have an increasing affect on the other. Here is a summary of what you can expect from the full case study:
The client’s thermal oxidizer has been in service for almost 10 years after new emission regulations required the client to lower the emissions byproducts in order to obtain the appropriate operating permits.
- Catalytic Products International worked with a client to modernize their thermal oxidizer and meet more stringent oxides of nitrogen (NOx) and carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
CPI worked with the client to first evaluate the existing thermal oxidizer.
- CPI engineers were able to present an engineering retrofit plan.
- Eliminated the need to install new equipment.
- Meet compliance needs for high VOC destruction with very low NOx and CO emission.
- Utilize a low NOx combustion system with excess air design.
- Insure the new flame geometry worked with the existing thermal oxidizer and would not cause damage.
- Provide modifications to the combustion chamber that addressed mixing and turbulence while insuring adequate residence times are maintained.
- Saved the client nearly one million dollars by avoiding the purchase and installation of a new thermal oxidizer.
- Reduced the lead time for compliance from 8 months to 3 months.
- VOC destruction was increased from 98% DRE to 99.3% DRE.
- NOx emissions were certified to less than 60 ppmv.
- CO emissions were certified to less than 20 ppmv