Directly reports to: Director of Engineering
Directly works with:
- Design Engineering, Sales, Service and Office staff
- Customer and representatives of the customer
- Vendors, Fabricators, Sub-contractors
- Represent the electrical and controls portion of all projects at CPI.
- Attend and participate in kick-off meetings to define and understand electrically what was sold as part of the final quote and determine if there are applicable customer specifications that will need to be met.
- Work with the Project Manager to provide electrical component engineering and delivery dates for panels, instruments, VFD, etc. that will be included in project schedule.
- Work with Project Manager to develop and finalize the P&ID
- Develop controls strategy and construct a sequence of operations (SOO) to meet requirements of customer specifications and P&ID.
- Prepare a request for quote for electrical panel, submit to Suppliers, evaluate Supplier bids to ensure all are equal and award purchase order to successful Supplier.
- Research, specify, and ensure proper purchasing of electrical components and instruments. Ensure that all information is included in both master BOM and NAV.
- Upon receipt, review, modify (if needed) and approve electrical drawings from panel Supplier. Ensure that electrical drawings are submitted to customer in a timely manner and as required per the project schedule.
- Develop standard control logix PLC control logic for all CPI oxidizers. Work with panel supplier to implement into the system.
- Develop standard MMI screens that will be supplied to the Control Panel Supplier for use in purchased MMI screens.
- Responsible for providing documentation of scope and costs for proposed electrical Change Orders to sales. Upon acceptance, communicate to the effected Suppliers, subs, and CPI Engineering and Accounting Depts. Update new delivery schedule to project team.
- Work the PM to track electrical controls and instruments shipments. The EE will follow-up with suppliers on the delivery of component parts per project schedule. The EE shall ensure that parts shipped to the correct location for the electrical panel construction in a timely manner.
- Review Supplier electrical drawings to ensure that components, instrument ID’s and wiring diagrams are correct and comply with CPI standards.
- Manage all electrical/controls suppliers and subcontractors to deliver a quality CPI Product
- Provide weekly update of Supplier and subcontractor status on on-going projects to Project Manager. Provide percent completion information for project schedule and ensure that any issues are identified early and presented to the Project Team.
- Occasional travel to customer site to assist equipment startup and programming. (Travel 25%).
- Responsible for inspection, QC, and approval of electrical panels and mounted instruments and controls. Document any quality issues and develop a plan to resolve each issue with the Supplier. Ensure that all issues are resolved prior to shipment. Complete electrical QC documentation for panel and HMI screens.
- Finalize electrical spare parts list and electrical portion of the O&M manual on-time per the project schedule.
- Provide weekly project updates to PM of long lead items, project timeline changes, and status of Supplier fabrication.
- Participate in service turnover meeting to review P&ID and SOO of project.
- Participate in project post mortem meeting to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Lead cost reduction opportunities through product standardization and continuous improvement.
- Service support of customer issues through remote troubleshooting by phone and internet. Provide site assistance for service as needed.
- Participate in pre-sale bid specification review when needed to help estimate costs of non-standard equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relocation is not offered for this position.
Minimum Education, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering or equivalent plus 2-5 years industry experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Operations, Manufacturing and Electrical Engineering,
- Ability to solve complex problems and arrive at practical solutions.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Technical knowledge of assigned equipment and software.
- Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in organization, time management, flexibility and decision making ability.