FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Provides technical services for customers. Travels to site, sets up, diagnosis and repairs equipment. Provides education to customer; interfaces with sales, engineering, project management, accounting and administration.
Level 1 – Entry level position. Performs basic maintenance and learns company capabilities, methodologies and equipment systems. Typically has less than 3 years of experience in related field.
- Work with the CPI Team (Sales, Administration, Project Manager and Engineering) toward overall job fulfillment.
- Perform startup duties on newly installed systems.
- Provide telephone support and troubleshooting of systems in operation in the field.
- Provide on-site repairs, maintenance, etc. for systems requiring work in the field.
- Provide maintenance services on CPI’s air pollution control equipment that is currently in operation worldwide.
- Solicit service to existing customer base, under assistance by the Service Manager.
- Continually sell more to potential customers; negotiate CPI's benefit with vendors; and best time/travel management to the individual's and company's benefit.
- Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork and electronic entry of documentation associated with position.
- Follow instruction from Management personnel.
- Contributes positively to company and department goals.
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Resolve day-to-day issues by working and communicating effectively with others.
- Assist in daily operations which include assembling manuals, calling customers, contacting vendors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Skills & Abilities
- High School graduate or equivalent supplemented by at least 1 year of experience in related field.
- Mechanical and electrical ability to complete work in an efficient manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and respectful relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Math abilities including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions.
- Good communication skills including the ability to receive oral and written instruction and provide information to customers, employees and management.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, company systems, etc.
- Knowledge or ability to learn to read and understand AutoCAD drawings.
- Some working knowledge of PLC or the ability to gain PLC literacy.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work for optimum efficiency and output.
- Initiates and utilizes good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- The position requires worldwide overnight travel. Travel can be week-long at a time, weekends will be required.
- Use of hands 100% of time. Sitting and reaching on an ongoing basis.
- Vision 20/40 with or without correction.
- Hearing and talking on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to push, pull lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Stamina to work a 10 hour workday.