Directly reports to: Engineering Manager
Directly works with:
- Design Engineering, Finance, Sales, Service, and the Office Manger
- Customer and representatives of the customer
- Vendors, Fabricators, Sub-contractors
- PM is the primary point of contact with the customer.
- Manage all project tasks to project schedule and ensure that schedule is updated. Use schedule to anticipate issues that may impact project delivery.
- Order long lead items to ensure project schedule is achieved.
- Markup, complete, and submit P&ID, General Arrangement, and footprint drawing to customer for approval per project schedule.
- Create Master BOM within CPI NAV system. Ensure that Master BOM is updated to correspond to all changes on a weekly basis for review in weekly engineering meeting.
- Prepare a request for quote for all required custom items and evaluate vendor bids to ensure all are equal and award purchase order to successful vendor.
- Mark up drawings for project and submit to package to design engineering. Push for and help schedule a design engineering review of drawing package and schedule.
- Communicate all revisions to the project PID arising from ECO’s, CPI, or Customer comments to the lead electrical engineer on the project.
- Check and approve vendor certified drawings ensuring that approved copies are placed in Engineering Book and saved electronically.
- Responsible for providing documentation of scope and costs for proposed Change Orders to sales. Upon acceptance, communicate to the effected vendors, subs, and CPI Engineering and Accounting Depts. Update new delivery schedule to project team.
- Review Fabrication drawings prior to release to vendors to ensure all P&ID requirements for instrumentation, control components, and service needs are included and locations are correct (ports, orifice plates, actuators, etc.).
- Manage all vendors and subcontractors to deliver a quality CPI Product. Ensure that vendors achieve:
Participate and help organize job kickoff meetings by ensuring all kick-off documentation is available for meeting to include: final sales quote, costing, sales specification form, any customer specifications, and project schedule template.
As a result of the information gained at the Kick-off meeting, develop the project schedule with information supplied by the Lead Electrical Engineer, Drafting Supervisor, and Engineering Manager. Ensure that after the kick-off meeting, the engineering book is created, drawing list is provided to drafting, and the project schedule is distributed to management and the engineering team.
Schedule and perform an electrical kickoff meeting with the Lead Electrical Engineer, review final sales proposal, Kick-off notes, and sales P&ID to create P&ID for submittal.
Provide weekly update of project schedule on on-going projects. Ensure that any issues are identified early and presented to the Project Team.
Develop the Start-up Checklist and send to customer prior to shipment of the project. At that time, introduce the Service Manager and begin copying him on all customer communications.
Coordinate all out-of-office visits as schedule permits. This includes any required customer site meetings, quality inspections (as necessary), field engineering (as required), and other travel as required.
At final inspection, perform quality audits and document results of audits on equipment. Verify to print all critical dimensions, instrument locations, and process connections. Document any quality issues and develop a plan to resolve each issue with the vendor. Ensure that all issues are resolved prior to shipment.
Ensure all components and ports are tagged with appropriate P&ID numbers prior to shipment of equipment.
Coordinate with Service Dept and the Lead Electrical Engineer, the final SOO, Spare parts list and O&M manual development and delivery
Per the project schedule, organize a Project Hand-off meeting with Service. Lead meeting with Field Service to review the P&ID, planned operation, and components associated with the project.
After field start-up of equipment, review project with Engineering Manger, Lead Electrical Engineer, and Service to identify field issues and determine final performance of system design and electrical vendors.
Provide Accounting with complete and accurate Expense Reports in a timely manner.
Ensure timely response to request for information or questions from customers or CPI personnel.
Other duties as assigned.
- Project Quality
- Project Timeliness
- Project specifications
Minimum Education, Skills & Abilities:
- Four-year Technical or Engineering Degree plus 5 years of comparable project management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Operations, Manufacturing and Engineering,
- Ability to solve complex problems and arrive at practical solutions.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Technical knowledge of assigned equipment and software.
- Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in organization, time management, flexibility and decision making ability.